THE ASSOCIATION OF THE FRIENDS OF THE CASTLE OF LA ROCHEFOUCAULD
Honorary President : the Duke of La Rochefoucauld
This association, under the 1901 law, aims at achieving several tasks :
- Work in order to restore the Castle of La Rochefoucauld
- Organize its animation
- Deal with the financial means at its disposal to pay for the selected actions
The association is not limited in time, it has has its headoffice at the Castle. It is directed by a board of administration gathering seven members including the Charente Prefect, the President of “The Conseil Général” (departmental administration), the President of “the Conseil Régional” (region administration), the mayor of La Rochefoucauld’s municipality, the Regional Officer in charge of the cultural department, the Architect of the Buildings of France and Sir François Alexandre de La Rochefoucauld.
The Financial means of the association include :
- the subscription of the active members and of the members who are benefactors
- the subsides granted by the State, the Region, the Department and the municipality of La Rochefoucauld
- The contributions given by any public or private interested person
- The product of the animation organised within the building site.